Cant find pomegranate molasses at the store! Here is a simple version you can make at home!
Author: Alton Brown
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place the pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice in a 4 qt. saucepan over med. heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to med. low and cook until the mixture has reduced to 1 cup, approximately 70 min. Consistency should be like thick syrup.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool in saucepan for 30 min.
- Transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool completely before covering.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 months.