This delicious red pepper and walnut dip is similar to the Spanish romesco.
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 2 cups
- 3 red bell peppers, grilled or broiled until blackened
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate syrup/molasses
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. aleppo pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Place whole red peppers over a grill, or broil until blackened on all sides.
- Place peppers in a paper bag and close, let cool. Peel to remove all the blackened skins.
- Cut in half and remove seeds
- Put pepper and all remaining ingredients into food processor. Process until well blended
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add more bread crumbs if mixture is too thin.
- Serve with pita bread or crackers.