Tuna Pan Bagnat
Pan bagnat means bathed bread so to achieve that result this sandwich is best made ahead, wrapped tightly and chilled for at least 4 and up to 24 hours ahead. Serve with potato salad, green salad or chips for a delicious lunch. Oh, and don't forget to use premium quality tuna packed in oil.
- 8 oz. baguette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 6-8 oz. can premium tuna packed in oil
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. pitted, chopped nicoise olives
- 1 tbsp. anchovy paste or 2-3 anchovy filets.
- Cut bread in half horizontally, hollow out top and bottom halves
- Whisk olive oil, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Layer ingredients on bottom ½ of baguette, starting with basil and ending with olives
- Drizzle olive oil/lemon juice mixture over sandwich ingredients
- Spread top ½ of baguette with anchovy paste and place on top of sandwich
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil
- Refrigerate for 4 -24 hours.
- Slice into 4 equal portions and serve.